The Joondalup Community Arts Association is offering a series of free workshops for seniors at the Joondalup Art Gallery (JAG) from Tuesday11th – Friday 14th November. The workshops will take place in the gallery area to create a busy, energetic environment. Friends, family and interested parties may be invited to a celebration of achievements which will take place between 4 and 6 pm on Friday the 14th of October. Work may be taken home after the celebration.
• Tuesday 11th November 10 am – 2 pm: Learn a different technique in acrylic painting or hone your painting skills with Ros Blackburn, well known and respected WA acrylic artist. You should complete a small painting with-in the given time- ideal for a personal Christmas gift.
• Tuesday 11th November 2 – 5 pm: Make two beautiful Christmas cards with embossed motifs with Wilna van der Merwe.
• Wednesday 12th November 10 am – 2 pm: Attend the “Spending time, marking time” workshop using needle, thread, cloth, paper and text with Marilyn Hamilton, award winning mixed media artist. Participants will make an interesting little book, some eco wrapping paper and cord which can be kept or used as a gift.
• Thursday 13th November 10 am – 2 pm: Make a very useful fold out notepad with Wilna van der Merwe/ ideal Christmas gift.
• Friday 14th November 10 am – 2 pm: Create a wax resist artwork and turn it into a gift calendar with Ros Blackburn.
Venue: Joondalup Art Gallery (formerly blend(er) Gallery) 4/ 48 Central Walk, Joondalup 6027.10 am and 2 pm Tuesday to Friday to make your booking.
(First come first served, spaced limited to 12 per workshop)
Art 4 u Workshops