COTA Australia listens to the voice of older Australians who have told us that they want to continue to make their own decisions and maintain control over the care and services they receive in their own homes as they age.
As part of our Increasing Self-management in Home Care Project, we are interested in hearing from aged care consumers and family carers, and home care package providers and their staff, about:
- What is known about self-management in home care packages,
- Interest in self-management with increasing levels of choice and control,
- The tasks and activities required to successfully self-manage at different levels,
- The information or support required by consumers and carers to successfully self-manage their care and services be at different levels,
- The criteria for self-managing at different levels (i.e. assessments and self-assessments),
- The information and support required by organisations to offer increasing levels of self-management, and
- The training and development required for staff, and consumers and carers, to be supported in this choice.
Participation and feedback will support the development of Self-Management Toolkits for approved home care providers and their staff, and for consumers and carers, to support the project’s Home Care Package Self-management trial in 2018. These toolkits will be available after completion of the project.
To register please follow the links below: