COTA (WA) is administering the Department of Communities: World Elder Abuse Awareness (WEAAD) Regional Grants Program 2023
The WEAAD Regional Grants Program provides grants of up to $3,000 for regional local governments and registered not for profits to hold WEAAD events and activities during the week of WEAAD (11-17 June 2023) to raise awareness of elder abuse in regional areas.
Metropolitan based organisations with expertise in elder abuse and ageing can also apply for funding to deliver in person activities in regional areas.
The grants program is an opportunity to increase awareness of elder abuse in regional communities and for the broader community to participate in elder abuse awareness raising activities.
How to Apply
Grants applications are now open Thursday 9 March 2023 and will close at 4.00pm on Tuesday, 28 March 2023.
For more information, including eligibility, obligations and what is covered by the WEAAD Regional Grants Program, please review the Guidelines, Application Form and Acquittal Form below:
Grant Guidelines Link: WEAAD Regional Grants GUIDELINES
Grant Application Form Link: WEAAD Regional Grants APPLICATION FORM
Grant Acquittal Form Link: WEAAD Regional Grants ACQUITTAL FORM
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is an annual event commemorated on 15 June each year and is officially recognised by the United Nations General Assembly.
- On this day people are encouraged to make a united stand against all forms of abuse against older people in our global communities.
- Purple is the symbolic colour of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
- During the week of WEAAD from 11 to 17 June 2023, COTA (WA) encourages all Western Australians to get involved in raising awareness and learning more about elder abuse in the community.
Did you know?
- Elder abuse causes harm or distress to an older person and is often carried out by someone the older person trusts.
- Elder abuse affects many older Western Australians and may involve financial, social, physical, sexual, psychological and emotional abuse.
- Elder Abuse affects Western Australians of all backgrounds, with devastating effects on victims, their families and communities.
- For more information about Elder Abuse support services, visit Elder abuse support services and resources (www.wa.gov.au)
Minister Don Punch MLA Media Statement: Regional Grants WEAAD
For More Information
Dana Moore, Executive Assistant to CEO, Council on the Ageing (WA) Inc.
T: 08 9472 0104
Posted in Information