Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier and more active lifestyle! Soon you will be joining your peers in our welcoming, fully supervised service whilst completing your own individualised exercise program, meting new people and having fun at an affordable, capped cost.
To join Strength for Life™ follow our step-by-step guide:
1. Access the Doctor’s Referral Letter form.
Book an appointment with your GP to get your referral form completed. Your doctor will help you to decide which Tier of the service is the most suitable for you according to your health history.
About our Tier Providers:
- Tier 1 providers are run by exercise physiologists and physiotherapists for managing participants with chronic health conditions.
- Tier 2 providers are fitness professionals for people who want to build their strength and keep fit.
Rebates for Tier 1 may be available from Medicare under a care plan at your General Practitioner, or through your private health fund. Contact your GP or fund to ensure that you have coverage prior to commencement.
2. Download and complete the Exercise Readiness Assessment.
3. Choose and contact a Strength for Life™ provider.
Depending on which Tier your doctor refers you to, contact one of our friendly Strength For Life providers to book your initial assessment. Be sure to ask about the costs for your initial assessment and how much each session is.
4. Attend your Assessment appointment.
Bring your completed Doctor’s Referral and Exercise Readiness Assessment with you to your initial assessment.
Our qualified instructors will use your first session to create an individualised training program for you, and answer any further questions you might have.
All our instructors are accredited and able to offer you a tailored strength program, encouragement and support in a safe, fun and friendly environment.
All sessions and assessment fees are capped by COTA WA to be a low cost option.
5. Start your Strength For Life™ sessions!
We encourage you to attend 2 to 3 fully supervised classes per week. Strength for Life™ is progressive training and your individualised plan will change as your strength increases.
So, what are you waiting for? If you have any questions, get in touch with us.